[Wine] Wine 1.1.33 for ubuntu 8.04

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 28 20:14:32 CST 2009

dimesio wrote:

>68k-dude wrote:
>> I use Ubuntu 8.04 and wait every two weeks for the next wine release.  I have waited for 1.1.33 for a while now and doubt whether this will actually come into being.  I have noticed a .deb version for 9.04 so where is it for 8.04?
>

>Ask the Ubuntu package maintainer.

Given the name of this poster, I'm wondering if the OP is trying to use Wine on a PPC Mac.  Right now, this is not possible without building it as there is no PPC distribution of Wine for the Mac (Darwine is WAY out of date and I don't have the time to attempt to do this.)

Of course, without an X86 emulator, like Q[K]emu, you cannot run Windows programs on a PPC.

Speaking of that, do you know what the status of running Wine on the PS3 is?

James McKenzie