[Wine] Re: New wine(wine-1.1.34) late again?

k4king wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 29 08:24:54 CST 2009

<<
only old hands know the old name of the news as well.

yup I admit I have followed wine for quite a while, but as I was trying to point out I only used to visit WineHQ and read the WWN's.
I only recently started infrequently visiting the forum(s) when WWN's seem to dry up, and in particular wondered what happened at Wineconf (apart from the many interesting postings about bus and train routes :-)

<<
We are badly short of doc writers and news writers.

how much does it pay :---?
it is a shame, but unless it was robot'ised finding anyone with the time to follow all the communication and summarise them in a politically neutral way is probably a tough call.

<<
Been tried. Don't work it the amount of changes done in a 2 week cycle. I remember when it was 1 or 2 releases a year. Ie when something was classed as worthy change. The regressions between versions was insane.
AJ is doing 2/3 weeks release cycle any more the hidden bugs stack up too bad. Patching rate has to slow for time frame to expand.
AJ does not have a fixed day for a release. This is deliberate. If something is wrong AJ can strip patches out the release then retest.

so that kinda says that it is already being aimed for 2 or 3 weeks (and it has been mostly 2 weeks) and AJ normally does aim for a Friday so he must have that as a target. So why not make it official (as the aim, but not a nailed to the mast if you miss it) target. Defer/Delay/Cancel a target but make sure the wider audience know. AJ did post about 1.1.34 but only on the dev's list, so he felt it reasonable to let people know, but that did not reach the wider audience, and certainly isn't apparent on the front door that some people may only look at.