[Wine] Re: X11 location for wine...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 30 11:34:31 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:

> > Not sure anyone can assist me with this, but thought it might be worth asking.... hoping someone can point me in the
> > right direction.
> >

> Short answer:  LD_LIBRARY_PATH might be the right place to start.  There are many problems building Wine on Snow Leopard and that is one of the reasons I have not made the jump, yet.
>
> James McKenzie

I have tried LD_LIBRARY_PATH which doesn't seem to do anything on OSX....

I have used the main DYLD functions on OSX...

I've tried playing around with....
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

none seem to help.  With DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES, i can get past winex11.drv erroring on libX11.6.dylib not being loaded, by inserting the correct(new) path... but then it errors on libSM.6.dylib not loading, and inserting the correct one doesn't seem to help...