[Wine] New to all of this and need help

hypoluxa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 3 15:39:13 CDT 2009

Hi all,

First off, I am not a programer/ developer, and am totally lost on how to get WINE installed and running on my new macbook pro. I have 10.6 X11 and downloaded the source code for wine 1.1.30 (which is on my desktop.) Anyhow, are there any step by step instructions that lays out verbatim on what I need to do (which program to use etc, and what to type etc..) Ive looked on the wine hq osx page but am more or less confused as hell.

Are there any prebuilt osx wine pkgs? like a .dmg file I can download from anywhere?

Any help is appreciated.