[Wine] Soldier Of Fortune II - How I got it installed

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 3 18:10:59 CDT 2009

I finally got SoF2 installed by the regular installer! Here is a step-by-step instruction for you frustrated soldiers of fortune out there:

mount /mnt # The place where I have kept an non-HAL-ed mount point because HAL did lock the CD-ROM again
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/
mkdir Games # I use this for games
cd Games
mkdir SoF2
cd SoF2
cp -Rv /mnt/Setup/* .
rm Setup.exe
umount /mnt
# Insert CD2
mount /mnt
cp -Rv /mnt/Setup/* .
umount /mnt
# Insert CD1
mount /mnt
ln -s /mnt/* .
wine /mnt/Setup.exe
# Choose C:\Games\SoF2\ as your installation folder
# Normally I got an error here saying that a string file is missing just before the installer asks for a CD-Key but now I can enter my CD-Key
# Let the installer install the game until he asks for CD2
wine eject g: # by G: is your wine CD-ROM drive
# Insert CD2
mount /mnt
# Let the installer copy the remaining pk3 files from CD2 into your installation folder
# He asks for CD1 so exchange it like above. You need a second terminal window to do so!

And now I got a strange error message of corrupt installation files! [Evil or Very Mad]  :(

Okay, so far the screen is still blank, I already added testing data to the appdb.