[Wine] IE8 instalation/runnig problem

gilk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 4 11:59:28 CDT 2009

I've installed IE8, but can not see it on the menu under Wine/Programs.

When I try to run it from: /.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Internet Explorer
it flickers a few times and produces an error message - Cannot find 'http://www.winehq.org/'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

Then, it flushes and the browser opens not with all its UI (no menu, parts of the graphic - missing etc.)
it would not open no site/URL, and then - would not close.

I would like to delete it all, and re-install.
1. would it be OK to simply delete the directory?
2. what version of IE8 can I download that should work?
*  I'm using ubuntu 9

Thanks in advance
Gil