[Wine] Re: Oblivion dinput8 issues

Sagorn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 5 10:05:45 CDT 2009

Well, running with WINEDEBUG=+dinput seems to have explained what was going wrong.  The relevant section is shown below.

trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 0 ('Wine mouse driver')
trace:dinput:mousedev_enum_deviceA Enumerating the mouse device
trace:dinput:fill_mouse_dideviceinstanceA 580 0x32f4a4
trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 0 ('Wine mouse driver')
trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 1 ('Wine keyboard driver')
trace:dinput:keyboarddev_enum_deviceA Enumerating the Keyboard device
trace:dinput:fill_keyboard_dideviceinstanceA 580 0x32f4a4
trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 1 ('Wine keyboard driver')
trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 2 ('Wine Linux-input joystick driver')
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event0": 13 Permission denied
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event1": 13 Permission denied
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event3": 13 Permission denied
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event4": 13 Permission denied
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event6": 13 Permission denied
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event7": 2 No such file or directory
warn:dinput:find_joydevs Failed to open "/dev/input/event63": 2 No such file or directory
trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices   - checking device 3 ('Wine Linux joystick driver')
trace:dinput:find_joystick_devices Found a joystick on /dev/input/js0: Microsoft Microsoft® Digital Media Pro Keyboard
  with 37 axes and 41 buttons
trace:dinput:joydev_enum_deviceA Enumerating the linux Joystick device: /dev/input/js0 (Microsoft Microsoft® Digital Media Pro Keyboard)

Linux seems to be under the impression that my keyboard is also a joystick, and Wine doesn't know how to handle this.  Moving/deleting /dev/input/event2 and /dev/input/js0 will allow me to run Oblivion with only minor issues, but the folder is reset whenever the computer is booted up.  It looks (to my untrained eye) like this is really a Linux/driver problem that I have to sort out rather than a Wine problem.

Thanks for your help