[Wine] Webcam won't work

sneilan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 5 20:50:55 CDT 2009

Dear Wine Users,

I am trying to run the veri look standard sdk v3.3
http://www.neurotechnology.com/vl_sdk.html
Download it here:
[a]http://www.neurotechnology.com/download/VeriLook_3_3_Standard_SDK_Trial_2009-09-11.zip[/a]

With wine-1.1.30 on ubuntu
uname -a
--Linux fot-i-hose 2.6.28-15-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 9 10:49:34 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Everything works in the Veri Look demo. Activation server starts up. Sample application can connect & whatnot. Except, when I try to see if I can use my webcam, it says no devices detected.

I'm using a logitech usb web cam:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:0802 Logitech, Inc.

I've tried following the directions on [a]http://wiki.winehq.org/MSN_Messenger_webcam_support[/a] I opened winecfg & added devenum to dll overrides and set it to builtin. I also used regedit, navigated to HKEYCURRENTUSER/Software/Microsoft and deleted ActiveMovie.

The log of the application is here:
[a]http://pastebin.com/m4b12d0ff[/a]

I'm not sure what else I can do. Thank you for your time in reading this report.