[Wine] Re: A doubt about Windows applications?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 5 22:42:16 CDT 2009

marcojrfurtado wrote:
> I'll try to explain. There is an application, which is not supported, according to the AppDB. Always when I try to run it, it displays a message "This application cannot run under a virtual machine".

This most likely means this program uses some highly intrusive copy/anti-hacking protection. It won't work on Wine as-is.

I doubt this specific program looking for Wine. More likely it tries to check if it's running in virtual machine or under debugger. Of course there are few programs that do check for Wine for various reasons.