[Wine] wine requires pulse?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Oct 8 14:03:16 CDT 2009

I am trying to remove all traces of pulseaudio from my install in an
attempt to get working sound. When I try to remove
wine-pulseaudio-1.1.29-1.fc11 (i586) it tells me that wine is a
dependency and it will be removed as well.

The description of that package says that it is not an official wine
audio driver, I am confused as to how it was even installed if not as
part of wine. I am left with several questions trying to figure out how
to proceed:

So if I go ahead and remove that and it takes wine with it - will I just
get it back again when I reinstall wine? The repository install of wine
does not show it as something required to add in when installing wine,
does that mean it is built into the wine package?

Also, if it takes wine out does that also remove the installs of
programs in my wine directory so that I will lose anything saved there
as well as have to reinstall all the programs?

using:
Wine 1.1.29
Fedora 11 (x86_64)