[Wine] Re: Various WoW errors in Ubuntu 9.04 w/Wine 1.0.1

gamecoder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 8 15:31:59 CDT 2009

Thanks for the quick reply.

So much for trying to post accurate information. I had wanted to install 1.0.1, but I must have not clicked the correct link or something, because I already had 1.1.30.

I learned this through a tool I discovered called 'Synaptic Package Manager' under System. After I made the above discovery, I clicked 'Mark All Upgrades', applied the changes, and tested WoW again. Now I have new issues on top of the old:

- WoW runs at 5 FPS at best, and usually at 2 or 3.
- The minimap is not being drawn in the proper location, at the right scale, or every frame. It flashes in the upper-left corner of the screen, beneath my character's name, face, and HP/MP, at approximately five times its proper size, once every few frames.

These issues may be moot when I get it working in OpenGL, but so far, OpenGL still draws sprites as all black.

Any ideas?