[Wine] Re: Can't connect USB Serial (COM3)

yardleydobon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 9 23:28:24 CDT 2009

:D
I have the Parallax USB Oscilloscope working in Debian Lenny/Linux 2.6.26-2-686,
WINE version: wine-1.0.1-174-gc4039bd
:D

I didn't have to do any compiling or anything like that, I'm simply using the version
of WINE that comes from the Debian repository with apt-get. I think it'll probably
work on Ubuntu too.

Ratax's suggestion is part of the solution. I think someone owes him an apology.
Some entries have to be added to the registry as well.

Sometimes the program is very slow if you start it with the scope plugged in.
Starting the program before plugging in seems to fix this problem.

I've posted a thorough how to on my blog.
http://jethomson.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/parallax-usb-oscilloscope-in-wine/