[Wine] Re: Graphics Demos problems OpenGL issue?

mocham wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 10 01:08:26 CDT 2009

mocham wrote:
> I finally got this to work.  It turns out my problem had to do with Nvidia's TwinView.  I added some single screen metamodes to my xorg.conf and now it runs properly.  However, I get a lot of choppyness in the display.  I have OpenGL vsync set using the nvidia-settings utility as well as in my .bashrc environment variables.  When I run the demo I get the same results with sync to vblank on and off.  How are you guys seeing it?  Is it silky smooth or are you getting choppyness too?

I forgot to add, do these messages have anything to do with the choppyness?

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f774,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x2c7b698,0x2c7b5f8): stub
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_load_ds_location No up to date depth stencil location
err:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_ModifyLocation 0x1a43d8: Surface does not have any up to date location