[Wine] DLL missing problem

groogruxking40 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 10 12:35:28 CDT 2009

Hey everyone, brand new to the forum

been using wine for a month or so and it's a great program.
This is my issue:

I am trying to install Sheepshead for my dad on his netbook computer- he is running Ubuntu 8.0.4 and the latest version of Wine.

Ok these are the steps I took to try to install this program.
The actual program itself fits on a floppy, so what I did was rip the floppy, then upload the 22 files via sendspace, downloaded them to the desktop.. set the OS to run through Wine to Wndows XP, and I got this error:

DDE requires ddeml.dll

So I installed winetricks and ran it to see if they had the missing .dll file, they didn't so I downloaded the .dll file from the internet and tried to run it through wine, but nothing happened.

So my problem is this-- I need ddeml.dll to be able to run the Setup.exe file

anyone know how to do this?

thank you very much for your time