[Wine] Alone in the Dark - the New Nightmare

guybrush.d wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 11 04:50:22 CDT 2009

Hi, guys
this is my first post on this forum, i need help about the installation
of this game, i already have seen the appdb and my problem is:

the installation works and the game runs, but the background (the main character
looks good) of the game are just squared block pixels and not a clear image,
i've applied the configuration  for directx in wine (importing and copying the dlls) and used an alternative launcher (the one with the resolutions list) but i always get the same result, even if i run it trough playonlinux and changing the options about gdi,fbo or backbuffer.

I have a nvidia gefore 8600 gt with the latest original driver, i installed also other games
and they even work without directx configuration. At this point i'm frustrated, i really like this game, but i'm not able to make it work! How did you make it run?
It has the platinum score on appdb!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!

PS i'm running ubuntu jaunty.
PPS  LINUX RULEZ!