[Wine] Re: DLL missing problem

groogruxking40 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 11 18:01:36 CDT 2009

James McKenzie wrote:
> groogruxking40 wrote:
>
> > dimesio wrote:

> > > Yes.
> > >

> > Just did, and the whole screen freezes, meaning i cannot minimize or maximize the window, i have to do a manual restart of the netbook to get rid of that screen
> >

> This appears to be a video problem.  Wine runs in user-space (unless you
> are running it as root, which is highly not advised) and cannot and
> should not lockup your computer.
>
> Can you advise what video card and driver version you are using?
>
> Thank you.
>
> James McKenzie

Thank you for your quick reply.
The netbook is a eeePC 701 Asus, and I havent made any changes to the drivers, so whatever the standard video driver and card comes with that netbook that's what it is.

I think I might try uninstalling Wine, and then just running it, I read on the wiki that I do not need to actually install the program, but I can just run it.. thoughts?