[Wine] Problem with SQL Server 2000

ckumaresanmba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 12 22:21:24 CDT 2009

[Rolling Eyes] I have a custom application developed using VB and SQL Server 2000.
   This program accesses Mssql 2000 database from Windows 2003 server. Now I need to run this program in Linux.
    I setup wine, mdac28 etc.
    I can install the program with one error:
             ODBC's SQLRemoveDriverManager Failed.

     But when I run the program the following error occurs:
         Specifed SQL Server not found.

    The code I used is:
         Db.open "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True; User ID=sa; Initial Catalog=ForLinuxTest;Data Source=WINSERVER.VISUALWIN.
TESTDOMAIN; Password=kumaresan"

   I can also create a system DSN in Linux using odbcad32.exe under wine.
   If I modify this code to use DSN, It looks for a unixODBC DSN instead of wine DSN.

    What should I do?

    Help me if you can...............

---Kumaresan. [Rolling Eyes]