[Wine] Re: Alone in the Dark - the New Nightmare

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 13 23:29:09 CDT 2009

guybrush.d wrote:
> Thanks again jeffz,
> no results even setting all dlls to native (i found this wine configuration on the web and it worked for other games) i've also upgrade wine to 1.1.31 compiling it from sources with all
> dependecies except the mpeg123 (because jaunty has an old version maybe in the repository) the backgrounds are still big blocked pixels, at begin of the game the menù is invisible, the alone in the dark logo is difficult to explain but if you move on when you choose the character (alin or carnby) their pictures are blurred, At the end pushing some button you can start the game (the movies seems to work) but when you reach the start
> (when carnby is in the garden outside the house) the background are always the same.
> It's strange i can play other 3d games without problem yesterday i just installed temple of elemental evil without problem. i don't know what to do anymore!!!

If I wasn't clear already: do not use any native dlls, use vanilla Wine, not POL.

eg, from scratch, a rough guide of what to do:

Install binary package of 1.1.31 then:

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine-old
cd /media/cdrom
wine setup

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\path\to\new_nightmare
wine foo

ofcourse if the setup is named different, use the correct name and then later, substitute the correct path for where it installs to.

Attach terminal output here.