[Wine] Flight training software install error-VSOCX32.OCX

Robertt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 15 02:23:30 CDT 2009

Hey guys, new Linux-Ubuntu user (about 24 hours) and new Wine user (about 1 hour). I'm trying to install my flight training software (http://www.dauntless-soft.com/downloads/GSCommercialPilotInstall.exe) and get the following error on install.

"C:\windows\system32\VSOCX32.OCX

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 126.
Module not found."

It gives the options to Abort, Retry, or Ignore.
I aborted the install. I then found the OCX file on my windows pc and copied it to the system32 folder on the fake wine c drive and the same error returned on the next install attempt.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm a complete novice and don't know my way around linux or wine but I can follow your guidance and instructions. Thanks for any help.

Wine 1.0.1
Ubuntu 9.04