[Wine] Re: Various WoW errors in Ubuntu 9.04 w/Wine 1.0.1

ulberon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 15 05:19:34 CDT 2009

Couple of things might help:

1) Remove and reinstall wine 1.1.31.

2) If you read any guide that tells you to install directx, ignore the guide.

3) Don't apply any patches to 1.1.31, it works just fine (I'm using it right now for WoW).  (Download the precompiled version): http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

Now, if you get WoW to boot and it doesn't have any graphics corruption (hopefully it doesn't, if it does, the drivers are bad but there maybe some settings we can turn off).

WoW allows you set to OpenGL in the config file (which it appears you have already done), but I also set it in the registry:

http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

You want to add the DirectDrawRenderer key, and set it to opengl.

Also, what's the output when you run the following command?:

"glxinfo | grep rendering"