[Wine] Re: Flight training software install error-VSOCX32.OCX

Robertt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 18 15:06:35 CDT 2009

I did a quick search on the forum and came up with a post that has the same error I do. http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=29492&sid=67170c6b4bb671fe6928101551325009

I followed the recommendations that he got, which was to install winetricks vcrun2005 and winetricks wsh56. after running both I got the same error. I then uninstalled and reinstalled, as he was told, and got the error again. Maybe that shouldn't be a surprise considering we are trying to run different programs, even with the same error.

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

Also, would it be appropriate to start a new thread with this new error now that the VSOCX32.OCX error is solved, or just continue here? Thanks for the help guys.