[Wine] Wine reporting wrong amount of free space (Steam)

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Oct 19 12:14:46 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 11:40 -0500, BCable wrote:
> Well I apparently had it bind-mounted to /vault.  I fixed that so that /dev/sda1 is directly mounted to /vault.
>
> mount | grep vault
> /dev/sda1 on /vault type reiserfs (rw)

> Steam is still reporting 1.7GB free.
>
> df -h | grep vault
> /dev/sda1         140GB    44GB   97GB  31% /vault

You'd better check the links in the wine prefix: if steam is still
reporting 1.7GB free but the /vault partition has 97GB free then
something in .wine isn't pointing where you think it is.

Where is the /home/grml login directory? You didn't post the full "df"
output and didn't say where it is in your first post, so I can't tell
where it is. Since the installer is complaining the problem is probably
with .wine/drive_c. By default files and directories in it will be in
the same partition as your login directory.

Martin