[Wine] Video Card details spoofing

elfy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 19 18:18:16 CDT 2009

Hello, wine folk!

I'm having a problem running a specific program with wine, though the problem is not very application-specific I suppose, that's why I write here. So, the issue is the following:
The program in question is Rainbow6: Ravenshield(Unreal Engine2). The authors of the program made a videocard blacklist on which they disallow the main executable to run. My Intel X3100 falls into that list. For some mysterious reason, the game says "Your video card not supported on wine" but runs flawlessly on the friends laptop(winxp) with the same GPU. I tried spoofing the video card info via Direct3D/VideoPciVendorID etc, but that still gives error, so I suspect they use the other way to determine what GPU is installed. My question is: what are other ways of determining one's GPU and what can be done to fool the game into running in intel GMA?

Thank you in advance.