[Wine] Re: Wine Segmentation fault

dimebar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 20 18:18:02 CDT 2009

I have also had this segmentation fault problem on Ubuntu Jaunty and it was a real showstopper.  Even building the latest Wine from source didn't help.  I have followed the instructions to generate a stack trace, but gdb seems unable to read the core file, and just tells me that no backtrace is available.

I finally figured out that this started happening when the kernel was upgraded to 2.6.28-15-generic.  I rebooted back into kernel 2.6.28-14-generic and I can finally run Wine again.  I hope this work-around helps anyone with a similar problem.