[Wine] Re: how uninstall stuck software in Wine

hmichel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 22 16:43:11 CDT 2009

sorry. Perhaps I am being dense. rosetta stone is stuck in the uninstall wine software dialog... wont come out via that. I dont want to uninstall all of wine, which is what the FAQ looks to do...

Please illuminate me on if I cant run uninstall via the applications>wine menu... what each part of said instructions do...

"Wine has its own built-in uninstaller - the equivalent of Windows' "Add/Remove Programs" function for running standardized uninstallers. In recent versions, a shortcut has been added to Wine's menu, along with a shortcut to winecfg."  - wont uninstall from here.

Note that Wine does not fully implement everything required to cleanly uninstall all applications. Some uninstallers might not function at all. To remove all programs installed under Wine, remove the ~/.wine directory:

rm -rf $HOME/.wine    - Dont want to uninstall all of wine.

Also the uninstaller does not remove menu and desktop entries. To remove all Wine-created menu entries run the following commands

rm -f $HOME/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine*
rm -rf $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine
rm -f $HOME/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine*
rm -f $HOME/.local/share/icons/????_*.xpm

- Dont want to delete all shortcuts in applications>wine, my problem rosetta stone app is not in that list anyway anymore..
[/img]