[Wine] Running .NET 3.5 SP1 application?

Danila Sentiabov dsent.zen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 05:10:23 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 00:30, foxtrot <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Ok, both WIC and XPSEPSC installed fine with 1.1.27, so I installed 3.0
> SP1. Now the only thing left is 3.5 SP1, in the how-to it tells me to run
> dotnetfx35setup.exe but I already have the full package and this setup wants
> to download all the stuff again.
>
> So I cabextracted the full package and I run the netfx35_x86.exe, but it
> doesn't run, it says: "please run setup.exe" and quits.
>
> Is it possible to install 3.5 SP1 without downloading 230 MB again? And
> another thing I don't understand is that it tells me in order to install the
> package I need to have 6 GBs of free space. Is it really necessary, because
> IIRC these installations didn't use to take that much of space in windows. I
> don't have that much of ext3 space left either.

Maybe you really have to run some other executable from cabextracted
package?
Besides that I can only think of upgrading Wine to latest version. 1.1.27 is
about 3 months old already.
Try running .NET 3.5 installation with latest Wine in your current prefix.
If it doesn't help, create a new prefix (you can just rename your ~/.wine to
something) and try everything from the start (install .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0 and
3.5 then).
If it will also fail... Well, I'd just give up and follow that HowTo
allowing dotnetfx35setup.exe redownload everything.

--
Best regards,
Danila Sentiabov aka dsent