[Wine] is usbaudio.sys supported?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Fri Oct 23 16:07:59 CDT 2009

Moin,

I think about to buy a software defined radio. This is, more or less, a bundle
of hard and software, connected to an antenna and the usb port.

The software is only available for windows. Due the fact that soft- and
hardware will cost 200€EUR I want to be sure that it will run with wine. The
crux of the matter is the usb connection.

The autor of the software wrote:
CIAOradio is a win32 application a version is compiled with DevCpp (GCC) and a
second is compiled with VisualStudio 2009, this is a little faster but
requires the MS runtime visual studio routines. The program is quite cpu
consuming as it runs at 50% of  dualcore at 2GHz, 1GB ram is ok.
H101[this is the hardware] is connected as an audio USB codec and uses the
usbaudio.sys driver of Microsoft operating system. I'm not a Linux expert,
nevertheless I suggest you to verify is WINE supports usbaudio.sys.

I gave a demo version of this software a try. It starts, but says "No USB card
driver". Because I don't have the hardware yet. So the question is: will I be
able to use an application that expect usbaudio.sys support for the attached
device?

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-81541 Munich      Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |