[Wine] Gamepad activates both characters in a game

Loadus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 24 16:14:19 CDT 2009

I ran into an interesting problem. With a Logitech Dual Action gamepad in
LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga, doing anything other than moving around
(jump, tag, action) with player 1 activates player 2. It's not serious, but player 2
character now without any input just stands there and acts like an anchor
(your movement is seriously limited because the game now waits for player 2).

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy experienced similar problems, but the
player 2 character moved in unison with player 1 (not so serious) and if you
selected "Drop out" from the menu (to disable player 2 and change it to
computer player) worked as an easy fix. But this doesn't work on the Complete Saga.
Player 2 character wakes up on all button events.

I've read around on solution for The Original Trilogy and there was talk about
the permissions in the dev/input/ -directory and also about the xinput1_2.dll,
but those didn't help this issue. I tried connecting my second gamepad but that
didn't help either.

[Image: http://www.loadusfx.net/lego-saga.jpeg ]

Has anyone ran into similar problems and found a solution or some workaround for this?