[Wine] CitiVAN error

greenman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 25 04:33:24 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to run CitiVAN.exe (it's a Virtual Account Number utility from Citibank, http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4482&iTestingId=2222) and I'm getting an error trying to launch it after it installed successfully (allegedly).

I have installed IE6 and Flash (using winetricks), and tried using the DLL overrides from the appdb entry (above), as well as just the ones winetricks added for IE6, as well as both "sets" at the same time. Running the application from the terminal does not produce any output at all -- the error message is a "windows pop-up" that reads:

"Sorry, could not start up because an unknown problem has occured."

My configuration:
Wine 1.1.29
Fedora 11 (X86_64)
CitiVAN 3.7.11.0

I know this probably isn't a very popular/common application, but if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, I'm all ears. :-)