[Wine] CitiVAN error

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Oct 25 05:20:17 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 04:33 -0500, greenman wrote:

> I have installed IE6 and Flash (using winetricks), and tried using the
> DLL overrides from the appdb entry (above), as well as just the ones
> winetricks added for IE6, as well as both "sets" at the same time.
> Running the application from the terminal does not produce any output
> at all -- the error message is a "windows pop-up" that reads:
>
> "Sorry, could not start up because an unknown problem has occured."

A slightly long shot, have you looked in the system logs to see if
there's any extra information there? They are all in /var/log and you
require root access to read them. /var/log/messages* is the first set to
look at.

Whenever something unusual/unexpected/lacking detail happens to my
Fedora setup, that's the first place I look.

Martin