[Wine] Re: Bind app to network interface

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 25 16:57:07 CDT 2009

haarp wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have an old game (Wine98-era) that I want to play with a friend of Hamachi (a VPN). The game only sees the main network interface (eth0) and binds to that. (I can verify that in Wireshark). Attempts to get it to use the Hamachi interface ham0 failed. I've tried changing the localhost line in /etc/hosts to my hamachi ip to no avail. I also tried some Windows app that is supposed to control which network interface other apps bind to, but to no avail.
>
> Is there any way to get this to work?

This is not the same error that you are running into, but I advise you to have a look at this old topic of mine:

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=20324

Particularly, have a look at this ( http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=25422#25422 ) answer, which was impressively useful.

Such an app that controls the interface that other apps bind to should not work under Wine. An equivalent GNU/Linux app might do it, but this is a complex issue.

The idea with the previous topic is to have the app bind to all interfaces, IIRC.

Hope that helped, even if not that much,

Jorl17