[Wine] Re: Torchlight

CeePhour wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 27 21:14:28 CDT 2009

http://www.runicgames.com/uploads/safemode.zip

Download that, extract it, and it's fairly self-explanatory if you read the included .bat.

Basically, you're just copying "settings.txt" to ~/.wine/drive_c/users/<USER NAME>/Application Data/runic games/torchlight", the directories will already be in place, but the "settings.txt" file could not be created because the game won't run for us.

Apparently this runs the game in "safe mode". So far it has allowed the game to fire up for me, I was able to create a character, and get into the town of Torchlight, then I came here straight away in case you've been waiting for some progress :)

Not sure how long that link will last either, this was put up by the devs today for people who don't have a "safe mode shortcut" (I sure didn't), and it's like pulling teeth trying to get a commandline switch to enable it. Apparently there is also a Netbook mode.