[Wine] Re: Torchlight

CeePhour wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 28 00:22:10 CDT 2009

I'm using wine version 1.1.29 and got the exact same error message. According to people on the Runic Games forums, Windows users are also having this issue.

As for an update :
All I did was copy the settings.txt from the file above into the location that was specified, and I have been playing since then just fine.

I have been into multiple dungeons, back and forth to town many times, character level 8, created another character, and swithced between the two, morphed my pet into different creatures multiple times, fished for a good 20 minutes, sold hundreds of items [Laughing], enchanted my weapons, gemmed items, and changed every piece of equipment except an amulet many times, accepted and completed multiple quests. and so far not a single crash caused by gameplay.

The things that don't seem to be working (causing a crash) are :

*Enabling fullscreen causes the game to crash and will not load again (until settings.txt is replaced with the one from the archive).
*Changing resolution works, but the game crashes - the resolution change does take effect when the game is restarted.

And I believe this is a 'fairly minor' graphical issue :
*"Fire" effect seems... too much... . I have avoided using items with added fire damage because they seem to cause a quarter of the screen to appear "on fire". Not sure if this is intended or not.

Fullscreen would be very nice, probably my only real complaint. I'm also not exactly sure what "safe mode" disables. All the particle effects and such appear to be in-tact, I don't assume it disables high-end graphical effects...?