[Wine] is it possible to port wine to android system?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 04:46:16 CDT 2009

2009/10/28 thtfpcuser <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> I have a Portable Navigation Device, which runs both WinCE and Android.
> There are many WinCE apps, and I wish they can also run on Android System, just like Windows apps run on Linux. Is it possible?

Windows CE is not quite the same as Win32 - they're vaguely related.
It's not just Win32 compiled for a different CPU architecture.

It might be possible to reimplement Windows CE the way that Wine
reimplements Win32. But I don't know of anyone who's done it yet.

(Whereas Windows is overwhelmingly popular on the desktop, thus
creating demand for something like Wine, WinCE has never really been
that popular. Also, it's typically heavily customised for each device
and CPU architecture - Win32 on x86 is designed to be very consistent
across hardware.)

- d.