[Wine] Re: SDL-mixer application sound stuttering with OSS4

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 30 09:38:57 CDT 2009

NihilistMatt wrote:
> Nope, still badly crackling and stuttering. Other wine programs like Winamp5 work fine.

Without knowing too much and possibly saying something pathetic...:

It looks like Winamp and SDL-Mixer use different output facilities. I remember when the crackly sound in the ALSA driver was fixed (with Pulseaudio enabled) it was first fixed in the Windows API and, then, in the DirectX API. Possibly your crackly sound is coming from different subsystems too. The question is: Which one? The answer: Dig into SDL-Mixer/SDL's code.

Of course, like I said, I might be wrong. But I thought I'd share this with you.

Cheers,

Jorl17