[Wine] Re: Lagg?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 31 11:10:36 CDT 2009

jaffyworld wrote:

> doh123 wrote:
> >
> > jaffyworld wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to run Second Life on with-out wine but I can't figure out how to use it, because no one has figured out how to run it with fedora, I'm running a fedora based distro called BLAG. as I had said.
> >

> > what exactly cannot run?  that info is a bit too vague.... I have run the Linux client myself on Fedora in the past.
>

> Well I download the tar.bz2 file. I try to un-tar it? it says it's not a directory when it is. So then I just try to open it straight from the tar.bz2 file and it says "when I try to open up SeconeLife" that there is no file or application that can open it

you need to check on the Secondlife Linux support forum for help.. this isn't a Wine matter... sounds like a messed up download, I've never had a problem extracting the archive and just running the game, though I haven't used the Linux client in about 8 months, so theres been a couple of updates.

If you really want to run on Wine, I've never tried running it on Wine in Linux, only on Mac OS X, which worked perfectly at all defaults... on nvidia video card.