[Wine] Re: Samsung MFC Printer Software

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 2 07:11:03 CDT 2009

FeraTechInc wrote:

> My question is has anybody had any success loading windows printer drivers using Wine?
>
> The reason being is that the Smarthru software installs a TWAIN driver. If somehow the software was able to do this you could have a fully functional scanning solution through Wine.

In general, no, you can't install Windows hardware drivers in Wine. However, about a year ago one person did report getting basic (albeit buggy) scanning functionality from a networked Canon scanner and its  Windows drivers.
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=2401

Have you reported the problem with the Linux drivers to Samsung?