[Wine] no game seems to work with wine

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Sep 2 10:37:45 CDT 2009

On 09/02/2009 08:31 AM, starcraftmaster wrote:
> any one ?
> mabye i should get that cedega or what ever its called
> or should i send a error report to wine hq ? saying that two people (me and Abdoo47) have this problem ?

People would be better able to try and help with more specific
information. Start by picking one game to want to play. Look up the page
for that game at: http://appdb.winehq.org/  and read everything there
including postings. Check your computer and be sure any settings or
changes recommended for the game have been made on your system and read
the posts on that game's page to see if anyone else has already found a
way around your problem.

If you have done that and the game still doesn't work post back here and
include in your post the name of the game you want to run, what version
of wine you are using, what video card you have and the driver version
you are using, what distribution of Linux you are using, what changes
you made to your system based off of the appdb page, a description of
your problem, and what error messages you get (if any).