[Wine] Serial port problem

folderol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 2 10:38:33 CDT 2009

Since about v0.9 I've been unable to get wine to reliably receive characters on the serial port. Sending is fine. The latest version I've tried is 1.1.23, and this always loses the first two characters of a line, then randomly loses some of the later ones.

Is anyone else seeing the problem? It's an absolute show-stopper for me because the only Windows software I use needs serial coms at 9600 baud :(

I've tried this on debian Etch, Lenny, & the current testing