[Wine] Fear2 not working properly anymore with wine 1.1.29

Milena wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 4 21:10:58 CDT 2009

Hello

I build 1.1.29 from source, all games work flawless just like they did with 1.1.28 but Fear2 freeze as soon any voice actor is speaking. normal sounds work, i can see the intro and play the first level until a npc start talking. Fear2 is known for having these "robotic" voice sound problems, i think its related to that maybe. I downgraded back to 1.1.28 and its working again. There is no console output when it freeze, just these lines i usually get all the time:

fixme:d3d_surface:surface_load_ds_location (0x15cde8) Not supported with fixed up depth stencil

Unfortunately no hint whats wrong now with the sound :(
Any suggestions how to get the game working again ?

Thanks in Advance