[Wine] World of Warcraft installed on Windows-trying to run onLinux

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Sep 7 11:06:39 CDT 2009

On 09/07/2009 11:36 AM, owiec wrote:
> I know there's quite a lot of topics regarding WoW and Wine, but I did'nt find any where WoW was installed on Windows and trying to run on Linux with WINE.
> So I have WoW installed on Windows XP (I'm not playing retail but private server if that makes any difference), and exactly it's WoW 3.1.3. When I try to run it with WINE, there appears a black screen, mouse cursor from WoW and sound from intro, but the screen does'nt change at all, so I can't do anything :/ Is there any way to run it or do I have to install it on Linux?

I am not sure I understand this. I think you are saying that you have
your computer dual booted with Windows and Linux, that you have WoW
installed and working on the Windows partition, and that you are trying
to play WoW while booted into Linux by using the files and set up from
the Windows partition. Is that right?