[Wine] Re: Soundcard detection failing

Themistocles wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 8 11:43:57 CDT 2009

Themistocles wrote:
> Also, I haven't been able to hear sound/music in World of Warcraft, though I have not specifically sought to address this issue.  The various sound effects (joining a server, changing channels) work in Ventrilo.  The cause of this may be the same as the cause above.

Update:

Perusing many, many forums over the past few days has led me to believe this is an issue with my microphone volume level (independent of Wine).

This is therefore not the correct forum for these issues but I would still LOVE help if anyone can help:).  I'll continue to check here.

Essentially, the problem is that my alsamixer doesn't provide a micboost option.  This might be related to PulseAudio.  I'm trying to work around that but am thus far unsuccessful.  I'm hoping once I fix that, Ventrilo, Skype, etc. will work.