[Wine] Soundcard detection failing

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Sep 8 12:08:48 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 11:43 -0500, Themistocles wrote:
> Essentially, the problem is that my alsamixer doesn't provide a
> micboost option.  This might be related to PulseAudio.  I'm trying to
> work around that but am thus far unsuccessful.  I'm hoping once I fix
> that, Ventrilo, Skype, etc. will work.

This may or may not be relevant, but...

Twice now, I've found the playback sound levels on my laptop's internal
speakers to be very low after an OS install no matter what I tried. Then
after using Audacity to record from my stereo system via external (USB)
soundcard. The playback levels on the machine's speakers have suddenly
become 'normal' and stayed there through reboots, distro upgrades, etc.

OS: 		Fedora 9,10
Alsa:   	1.0.21
Pulseaudio:	0.9.14

HTH