[Wine] no game seems to work with wine

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:25:10 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:15 AM, starcraftmaster
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> any one ?

Try starcraft at 640x480 and 8 or 16 BPP. 3 to 5 years ago when I had
a Geforce 2 card I experienced a tremendous slowdown after some wine
update. If memory serves me well it was a 2005.x version of wine that
caused that. Anyways at 640x480 and 8 or 16 BPP performance was back
to normal.

To do this you will probably have to edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
(if it exists) or create a new one. Ask you distro support how to do
that.