[Wine] Re: I want to be able to minimise WoW

fullyspenged wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 9 11:19:00 CDT 2009

tparker wrote:
> On 09/09/2009 09:46 AM, fullyspenged wrote:
>
> > Problem: Whenever I minimise WoW, the fps drops to sub-10. I can solve this by minimising and maximising the window again
> > but if I wait too long after minimising, it doesn't always work.
> >

> I've always played windowed and hadn't heard of this. I just switched to
> full screen to test and my fps did drop but came back up to normal
> within a 3-4 seconds of maximizing the window. I went back and forth
> several times and it came back up each time. Not sure how much help I
> can be since our systems are different but here's the info on mine in
> case it's useful:
>
> wine 1.1.23
> Fedora 11 x86_64
> nVidia 9800GT
> driver version 185.18.14
> I use the -opengl tag for WoW and have my system limited to 3G ram for
> stability in game (because of 64 bit OS).
>

> If you can think of any other info that might help just let me know.

Hey, thanks a lot for posting. I'm gonna try and explain it in more detail. If I launch the game, I can freely minimise and maximise, but if I play for a while, then accidentally minimise, the fps drops to a grinding halt. Minimising and maximising the game fixes this (most of the time). After fixing it, I can freely minimise and maximise again.

Hope that made sense, haha.