[Wine] Guitar Pro 5 RSE?

Ironfrunk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 9 11:42:25 CDT 2009

I installed Guitar Pro 5 via Wine, and I am able to get the program to playback in MIDI, but I when I enable the RSE (Realistic Sound Engine) and press play I no longer receive any sound from the program. The program then freezes shortly after that.
I installed TiMidity++ MIDI sequencer via sudo command, as I heard many people say that Guitar Pro will not run correctly without it.

I played with the Wine configurations for it, but I'm not sure which version of Windows I should set it as.
I tried XP, and the sound didn't sync up with the notes at all. I also tried the "Use Global Settings" option, and this was my end result.
If it helps, I'm running Wine version 1.0.1 under Linux Mint 7.

I'm not all that concerned with the RSE not working, but if I can get it working it would be a plus [Laughing]

Does anyone know how to enable the RSE correctly?
Thank you all, in advance :D