[Wine] Re: State of Steam Games

fsleeman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 9 13:19:24 CDT 2009

> This is exactly what the AppDB is for.

That is one of the major reasons for AppDB. As some of these posts would suggest, performance is a subjective thing. Some of the AppDB posting list a program at a gold or platinum level although the game runs an (arguably) unplayable frame rate. Actual benchmark results would be helpful. Is there a place to post such results in a way it can be presented in a useful manner? If enough people shared enough benchmarks I believe performance trends would be very clear. I don't know how anybody could expect to improve Wine's performance issues if they cannot be mapped to actual events (i.e. driver, game, OS updates).