[Wine] Installing Wine on ubuntu 9.04

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Sep 9 13:28:40 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 12:16 -0500, NewtoLinux wrote:
> I think I found one of the books you are referring to.
> http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596006280/

Yes, that's one of them. I haven't read that one (I have UNIX in a
Nutshell) but it got good reviews on Amazon.

> Too bad it wasn't at my college's library. It looks old but I doubt a
> lot of the command line/console stuff hasn't changed.

You're right there - the internals of Linux have changed a lot over the
last year or so, but command line scripting and the good old ways of
finding out about stuff (the man, apropos, info, whatis, locate and find
commands) haven't changed at all and nor have the more powerful
utilities (grep, awk/gawk, sed and expr).

Martin