[Wine] Sandboxing syscalls

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:22:43 CDT 2009

Hi, I was trying to determine how Wine captures syscalls, and I found
this thread:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2002-October/009077.html

The answer was that Wine *doesn't* deal with syscalls, and relies on
the application never directly making a syscall, but instead calling
into the standard system libraries (Win32).

Is this still true today? I'm surprised that Wine can run all the
applications it does without interposing on syscalls (suggesting that
all these applications never directly make syscalls and instead
*always* go through standard system libraries).

Thanks!
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/