[Wine] Re: What the last version WINE is support PowerPC processor?

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 15:34:42 CDT 2009

Perhaps you misunderstand the 'PowerPC' support we have. Wine can be used to run x86 Windows programs on Linux/OSX/... but for this it requires an x86 CPU. Further Wine can be used to port programs (if you have the source code) to Linux/OSX/... and this is not x86 specific. The porting part is called 'Winelib' and this is what we support for PowerPC and is what Darwine used to package before but it can't run x86 programs.